Out of hours and emergencies
Your local pharmacy will be able to provide you with advice and medication to help relieve the symptoms of common ailments.
When the GP practice is closed
If you need medical help fast but it’s not an emergency call 111, if it’s a life- threatening emergency call 999.
NHS 111 is the number to call when you need medical help fast but it’s not a life- threatening emergency. Calls to 111 are FREE from landlines and mobiles and is available 24/7, every day of the year.
When to call 111
When to call 999
Out of hours care
There are 24-hour walk-in services at both Wansbeck and North Tyneside General Hospital for less serious conditions including:
- Minor head, ear or eye problems
- Broken nose or nose bleed
- Sprains, strains, cuts and bites
- Children’s minor injuries and ailments
- Minor fractures or broken bones
- abscesses and wound infections